Search This Blog

Monday, January 17, 2011

Snafu IPA - another masterpiece from SGB!

I've often told friends that my favorite place in the world is Selinsgrove... not the town, mind you, but Selin's Grove Brewing Company!  I first found out about SGB back in 2006, and was surprised to learn that a brewpub existed so close to my hometown of Shamokin, PA.  So, brewslut and I decided to head up one weekend in October 2006, and we were hooked.  This little brewery in this small town produces some of the best, world-class beers in the country (hell, the WORLD!) and I am fortunate to live within 75 miles of this goldmine. 

Recently, we visited the brewpub to rekindle my romance with perhaps my favorite of all Selin's Grove's beers - Snafu IPA.  Originally released a few years ago under the moniker Olde SNAFU IPA, it was named because apparently brewer Steve made a mistake with the recipe.  The result was a tasty snafu, indeed!

Notice the empty glass in the background!

Snafu IPA is a creamy, hoppy, roasty delight!  This year's batch was extremely juicy and dripping with citrus hop goodness.  The mouthfeel was equally sublime, with a smooth, creamy texture and mild carbonation.  The faint roasted and chocolate malt character complemented the hops perfectly, resulting in a unique and delicious "black" IPA.  Let's just say it was so good, that it was all I drank during our visit!

Yup... that's some tasty-ass Snafu!

 Hopefully it will still be on tap during our next visit!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Pour Travelers thank you for following us on our beer adventures!