Search This Blog

Thursday, February 2, 2017

Imminent Liquidation VII

Many years ago when I first became enamored with craft beer and the amazing scene tied to it, I caught wind of an event by way of Beer Advocate called Stone Soup. The event urged attendees to bring and share rare bottles of craft beer from their cellars. I loved the sound of this, so me and a few friends decided to make the trek all the way down to the General Lafayette Inn in Lafayette Hill, PA (way down in the greater Philadelphia region - quite a haul from Annville, PA). While the event was awesome and we attended a few times, I thought, "I could do this."

And so Imminent Liquidation was born. I'm proud to say that "Central PA's premier craft beer bottle share event" is celebrating its 7th anniversary in 2017, and I'm pretty sure we finally found a permanent home for the event at the fantastic Grain + Verse Bottlehouse in New Cumberland, PA. I hope you'll join us on Sunday, April 23 at Grain + Verse during Harrisburg Beer Week for four hours of sharing and craft beer camaraderie.

In a nutshell, the event encourages attendees to share rare and hard-to-find beers with fellow craft beer enthusiasts. Everyone is required to bring beer to share as well as his or her own tasting glass. While there is no admission fee, folks are asked to make a monetary donation to be used for gratuity for the staff at Grain + Verse. To keep things upbeat, we raffle off a variety of beer-related items gathered by friends and local establishments to raise additional funds for a beneficiary that is near and dear to me. This year, donations and raffle ticket sales will benefit Goats of Anarchy, a safe haven and farm sanctuary for crippled and special-needs goats. Everyone who knows me well or follows me on Facebook knows how much I adore goats!

To sign up to attend the event, click HERE. You can also "like" our Facebook page to learn more about the event.

Check out these links to some great reviews and photos of past Imminent Liquidation events:

Beer Busters Podcast

Drew's Brews Reviews

Stouts and Stilettos

You can also meander back into time and check out several older Pour Travelers blogs on the subject. Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Pour Travelers thank you for following us on our beer adventures!