And now, as The Pour Travelers beer blog turns a year old, I'd like to look back and reflect on 2011. Like our first birthday, this year featured many "firsts," especially in the local beer scene. Selin's Grove brewed its first sour beer. Spring House started its first mug club. Pizza Boy Brewing Co. put its first beer on tap. A little goat named Peggy became the first-ever three-legged goat to win the Sly Fox Goat Races. I'm sure there are countless other firsts, but those are a few that immediately come to mind.
|Peggy racing on to victory!|
Some highlights of 2011:
1. Witnessing Peggy's victory at the Sly Fox Goat Races!
2. Drinking fresh Nelson at the source... Alpine Beer Company in Alpine, CA.
3. Attending Deschuttes 23rd Anniversary party in Portland, OR.
4. The inaugural Imminent Liquidation bottle share event!
5. Winning Drunkie McGee at Ffej of July 9: Ffej-olution #9... by accident!
6. Judging the first homebrew contest at Al's of Hampden's/Pizza Boy Brewing Co.
7. Visiting Hopfenstark in Montreal, Canada.
8. The return of Olde Frosty IPA at Selin's Grove and the brewery's 15th Anniversary!
9. Visiting Hill Farmstead Brewery in Vermont.
10. Seeing the new Troegs brewery for the first time.
Resolutions for the coming year:
1. Finally host my long-talked-about stout tasting.
2. Return to Portland for a REAL beer trip.
3. Finally get to Selin's Grove's Hops and Vines festival.
4. Get Ffej of JulIPA brewed for the 10th Anniversary of Ffej of July.
5. Have a Troegs beer named after me (OK, a long shot, I know)!
6. Visit Barcade Philly. Classic arcade games + beer = awesomeness!
7. Make Imminent Liquidation an annual event.
8. Get back out to Great Taste of the Midwest.
9. Increase my overall number of beer blogs on this site.
10. SAN DIEGO... AGAIN!!!
To all of the followers of The Pour Travelers... thank you for reading! I hope you all have a fantastic 2012 and look forward to bumping into you at the next beer event. Cheers!